WE Magazine for Women and Women in Ecommerce – Showcasing Women Who Promote Their Businesses on the WEB
NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THIS YEAR’S WE Magazine for Women™ and Women in Ecommerce ™ Women Rocking the Web Awards!
This year’s theme: Women Building Today for a Better Tomorrow
To be considered for the next list, you must be a woman who has been doing business online for a minimum of two years from the date of submission.
UP TO 100 Women will be chosen as WINNERS in the 2020 Who’s Who List of Women Rocking the WEB issue of WE Magazine (publication date approx. November 2020).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
How did this award start?
- The original awards was called the Who’s Who in Ecommerce – Listing of Women who primarily use the Internet/Social Media to promote their businesses. The first list appeared in the 2008 Directory, produced by Women in Ecommerce™, (a resource that showcased women who had an online presence either in the form of a website or blog and who either promote a product or service via one of those vehicles or earn money through affiliate sales).
What Makes a WRTW Award Honoree?
- We are honoring women who promote their business/organization on the web using a variety of strategies including:
- Social media, email marketing, website design and promotion, affiliate marketing, video marketing, podcasting, blogging, joint ventures and more.
We are looking for:
- Women who have owned their business or worked in a leadership role within their organization for at least two years.
- Participate in cause-related events, organizations and programs. Lead or make a meaningful contribution to a cause within their community, circle of influence or industry.
- Inspires and supports others through mentoring and/or volunteering.
What are the benefits of being involved in the Women Rocking the Web Awards?
- Entrants will be able to use the FINALIST Badge on their website and in their marketing, which you receive once nomination is submitted.
- All entrees will be mentioned on social media with a link back to their website/blog or social profile — eg. Congratulations to Mary Johnson on being a FINALIST in the Women Rocking the Web Awards! Learn more about her here: (link to your web or social profile)
- Honorees will be listed in all our own media announcements including press releases announcing winners and more.
In addition to all the promotional benefits, winning an award of this caliber increases your influence, your clients and prospects confidence and can boost your rankings in the search engines.
- What is the Criteria to apply?
- Must be a woman run enterprise and clearly show how you are promoting your business or organization via the web (including a website, social media and more).
- Must submit a completed application – which includes name, location, contact info, business start date, preferred placement category, links to online presence (web, social media), a photo (headshot), a 250 to 500 word essay about your business, 2 testimonials or endorsements about your work. Optional – company logo and one additional photo of you.
Is there a cost to participate? And if so, what is it for.
- There is a Promotional Package Fee (TBA) should you decide you want to take advantage of all the additional Promotions listed below.
How will the award be promoted?
- If you chose the optional Promotional package (FEE TBA), in addition to being listed on our new website as an honoree, and in our press release sent to our media outlets, you will be featured in a special segment on WE Magazine for Women as well as receive custom graphics that include your name, company and award category, which will be shared on our social media (over 300K) Note: We promote the list on social as part of your submission, however individuals will be promoted as part of the promotional package.
- Honorees will also be featured in our annual commemorative issue (see images below)
- Honorees will also be invited to participate in an honoree networking event where they will have an opportunity to introduce their company and network with other honorees
- A custom promotional video will be created for those who wish ot participate in the promotional package. The video will list honoree with their name, company and category.To see a sample video, check out our Golden Mouse Award Video from 2017.
- As part of the promotional package, Honoree will receive a customizable press release announcing the winners AND a graphic Award Icon that can be displayed on your website/blog and social media, should you choose to do so.
- As mentioned above, as part of the promotional package, Honorees will receive a series of custom images created with their name that can be used on their social media sites to showcase their award.
Here are a few of our post honorees and their Custom Magazine Covers
The 2021 list will be open for submissions in the Spring of 2021.
If your submission is accepted you will be listed in the finalists’ category. Honorees will be listed in the category of their choice (eg. web design, retail/ecommerce, coaching, healthcare, the arts, photography, email marketing, affiliate marketing and more).
You can view some of our previous Lists in these special editions of WE Magazine for Women:
Heidi Richards Mooney, Founder, Women in Ecommerce™ & Publisher, WE Magazine for Women
ABOUT WOMEN IN ECOMMERCE:
Women in Ecommerce™ is a global publishing and membership platform – a Global Network for Women that Increases Your Visibility and Influence!
Since 2001 Women in Ecommerce™ has been the “hub” for women and organizations looking for information to grow business, start a business and/or take your business to the “next” level. Representing the professional interests of millions of women around the globe, Women in Ecommerce™ is working daily to open the doors to networking, business development and leadership opportunities.
Our mission is to “Help YOU do MORE Business on and off the WEB™”
For more information about Women in Ecommerce™, visit http://www.WECAI.org .
Follow us on social media:
Facebook Page (WE Magazine) http://www.facebook.com/WEMagazine
Facebook Page (Women in Ecommerce) http://Facebook.com/WomenInEcommerce
Twitter (WE Magazine) http://twitter.com/WE_Magazine
Twitter (Women in Ecommerce) http://twitter.com/WECAI