The newest addition to your prescription list: A pen and a journal. Health professionals worldwide agree, keeping a journal has the power to promote your health.
John Khoury, CEO and founder of Liquic.com , a comprehensive online health and wellness resource says: “Jotting down your thoughts on a daily basis will not only add some “me” time to your schedule, but will unfold the writer and philosopher in you. From daily diaries to travel logs, journaling can help left and right brained people organize ideas, and boost their well-being.
For Khoury, these are some of the most rewarding aspects of keeping a journal:
* Clarify your goals. By logging your thoughts, you can examine your feelings and objectives with a different set of eyes. Journaling gives you the unique opportunity to provide yourself with feedback from the person you trust most.
* Meditate through your journal. Believe it or not, journaling is a form of meditation. It quiets your mind, and it is as soothing as turning off all lights and sounds around you to focus on what truly matters.
* Make some time for you. Think of your journal as your personal time, where you remember and analyze all portions of your life. You’ll be setting aside time to reflect on the best parts of your day and all your actions and feelings. Making you will feel valued and refreshed.
* Make a Decision Easier. Expressing your doubts and anxieties allows you to weigh your options. Should you change jobs? Should you move to a new neighborhood? Listing the pros and cons of each choice will point you to the right direction.
* Eliminate negative thoughts. Scripting all negativity in your life feels as liberating as lifting a weight off your shoulders. Venting to your friends is a good idea, but having them in print can help you identify your fears and get rid of ideas that only bring you down.
* Track each step of your life. Scribbling your actions keeps you aware of your mistakes and accomplishments. It will also highlight the aspects of your life that you should be paying a bit more attention to.
* Improve your relationships. Writing will give you the opportunity to communicate your feelings towards others without any inhibitions. The experience will let you value perspectives not understood before, and will provide you with patience and reasoning to deal with conflicts. You will also appreciate your family and friends more and recognize the essential role they play in your life.
* Do what makes you happy. With work and responsibilities, we end up spending most of our time pleasing others and performing mandatory tasks.
After a while, you may find it difficult to distinguish what part of the day was dedicated solely to you. Through journaling, you will discover ways to include things you enjoy into your day: like something as simple as listening to your favorite song to grabbing lunch at your favorite spot.
About Liquic.com: Liquic.com is a comprehensive online health and wellness resource for individuals seeking a better quality of life, providing access to coaches, psychologists, yoga instructors, dieticians, fitness experts, relationship therapists, counselors and financial advisors regardless of physical location. By merging the traditional world of psychology, the practical hands-on touch of the coaching and counseling industry, and the exciting techniques of alternative and holistic wellness, Liquic is able to serve as a gateway to improved overall well being. Follow Liquic on Twitter: www.twitter.com/liquic