I’m an optimist. Despite failed New Year’s resolutions, each year I try again. This year I plan to take my social marketing campaigns to the moon. It’s time to whip those 2011 marketing abs into shape!
Here are my 8 Social Media New Year’s Resolutions for 2011:
1. Spend more time on my CTAs (call to action). Just like the attention you shower upon your kids, your CTA should not be a repeat repository of the same old stuff. It too needs attention and nurturing. Try different typography or colors. Make it rotate or bounce. Change is good as long as it’s not too weird or distracting from your message.
2. Improve my Landing pages and personalize them more. Trim the fat. Make them more entertaining. My video production has dramatically improved this year and my landing pages should reflect that. Coming soon…to a video near you…
3. Provide more reasons why people should join me. Social media isn’t about “if you build it, they will come.” You have to make your audience want to know more about what you’re up to, why you’re up to it and dangle just enough of the carrot to make them sure that they want it.
When you offer true quality and personal involvement, you develop customers for life. It may take more time to build these relationships, but if I’ve learned nothing else this year, the quality relationships are the ones that sustain your business.
4. Always Look your best. Ok, mom was right on this one. Just because you may be working in your pjs, doesn’t mean your social profiles can look that they just rolled out of bed. Chicness counts. Make custom backgrounds for your Twitter profile. Create rich Facebook tabs highlighting your current marketing promotions. Make your efforts look their best at all times. You never know who is checking you out at any given moment.
5. Reward your list base. Reward your fans and followers for their loyalty. Demonstrate how much you appreciate their support by giving them something you aren’t offering elsewhere. It can be the opportunity to participate in a contest, breaking news, or a freebie.
6. Produce more personal campaign support items. Yes, this time I really mean it. I am going to write the famous American ebook that will make history (at least history for me because I’ve never written one before.) This time next year, you’ll see…
7. Keep learning through exploration. Twitter and Facebook are great. Are you optimizing all their utilities? Try hashtags or FavoriteFridays. Have you optimized your Digg following?
8. Never neglect continuing ed. There is always more to learn. Keep your mind open. Old techniques can be sharpened into new tools yielding unexpected results.
These are my 8 Social Media New Year’s Resolutions for 2011. I intend for my social butterfly-ship to flourish. I intend to be a leaner, but not meaner, marketing machine.
Please add to my list and stay in touch. All comments welcomed and appreciated. Happy Holidays!
Let’s compare Social Media New Year’s Resolutions! Do you have more than 8? What changes do you want to make for your social media/internet marketing business in 2011? Click on the link, fill out the box and get immediate, free access to video trainings that will give you more ideas as you move into your next business chapter.
Lauren Botney is an Online Marketing Coach and Mentor for what is arguably the World’s Largest Internet Marketing School around. Specializing in Article Marketing, Social Media techniques and other essentials for Profitable Internet Marketing. She is dedicated and stubborn. She trains complete newcomers and seasoned pros worldwide to achieve Financial Success. Through positive mentoring, proven business strategies and continuing education, you can stay ahead of trends and sharpen your competitive edge.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lauren_B_Botney