Social media has come a long way since the student-focused Facebook days, with businesses around the world using social media as a marketing tool. Due to the strong impact social media can have on a brand image, Stephanie Moritz, head of PR and social media at ConAgra Foods and an instructor with the Digital Professional Institute (DPI), explains that many social media features will evolve to meet the needs of both companies and consumers.
“Monitoring interactions on social media and determining a means of quantifying those interactions will be a top priority,” says Moritz. “It is also likely that trends such as video sharing will become more commonplace as interface technology continues to improve.”
Below are Moritz’s top social media predictions:
– Social Pay to Play: Brand social media will continue evolving to look more like media. This will force brands to upgrade their content, make tough decisions on pay-to-play, and be selectively opportunistic on what remains truly social.
– Longer Video: Longer form social video will see a resurgence thanks to Facebook’s new video offering.
– Google Gets Serious: Google will get serious with YouTube and Google+, with the former being the first to see some major changes.
– Social TV: Buzzwords such as “Social, Twitter and Facebook” coupled with the word “TV” will increase exponentially in marketing-focused conversations.
– Facebook Monetizing Graph Search: A monetization scheme for Facebook Graph Search will begin to materialize.
– Instagram: Instagram will have a huge year in terms of growth (and more ad dollars will follow).
– Pinterest IPO: Pinterest will set a date for their IPO (even if that date is 2015)
– Channel Diversification: There will be greater brand diversification with presence across all social channels as well as new ad offerings and options.
For more information on the Digital Professional Institute or to schedule an interview with Instructor Stephanie Moritz, please contact me directly.
About Tribeca Flashpoint Academy
Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, Tribeca Flashpoint Academy is one of the industry’s most well-known and respected digital media arts schools—providing intensive, hands-on, apprenticeship-style degree programs that propel graduates into “the business” in a way few other institutions can. Often described as part college, part industry apprenticeship, we offer a progressive training model through which students begin using state-of-the art equipment and software and working on real-world client projects beginning their very first semester on campus. They graduate in as little as 15 months with robust resumes and the insider industry know-how they need to step seamlessly into their careers in the digital media arts.
About the Digital Professional Institute
The Digital Professional Institute is an exciting new program aimed at starters and working professionals to enhance their digital toolkit. We offer a number of courses and boot camps across the digital continuum in areas such as Digital Marketing, Social Media, Mobile Strategy & Development and Video Production and Editing. Our non-degree, non-credit bearing program offerings reflect the targeted, hands-on, outcomes-focused educational philosophy of our parent company, TFA, a nationally accredited leader in digital media arts education.