The holidays can be a stressful time of year, but with simple self-care practices, it can be more joyful for everyone.
Holiday 2016 Tips
- Self-care gift exchange
- Host a self-care gift exchange to ensure your friends are taking time for themselves during the holidays – gifts could include: massage gift certificate, body oils, dry brush, candles, etc.
- Intentional gift giving
- Set an intention with your gift giving – visualizing the recipient’s reaction will help you choose a more meaningful gift
- Use meditation as a way to center and energize yourself during this busy time of year – take 10 minutes to yourself prior to cooking the holiday meal or before entering the mall
- Be sure to take a moment of gratitude at the beginning of family gatherings – ask everyone to share one thing they’re grateful for
- Decorating/baking rituals
- Create your own annual traditions that bring family/friends together and make decorating or baking a joyful time spent with others
- Giving back
- Donating your time volunteering during the holidays allows you to connect with your community and express love and compassion – sign up to serve meals at a shelter or gather a group of friends to host a toy drive
Shel Pink developed Slow Beauty as a way of life, a recognition that an enduring, inner beauty offers us an opportunity to slow down and remember our own essence. A key part to the philosophy is to develop a Slow Beauty practice, or series of self-care rituals that promote beauty, including things like meditation, which work from the inside out.