Project Beauty Share (PBS) is a non-profit that collects new personal care, hygiene, and beauty products, and distributes them to over 70 agencies and non-profits who are helping marginalized women get back on their feet. PBS was started by Julie Farley, who has been a makeup artist for over 30 years. Julie brings her high level of expertise to women in need to assist them in feeling positive about their self-image and in what they can accomplish.
PBS has recently joined forces with privé Hair Products asking their supporters nationwide to gather their “tribe” and donate hygiene and beauty products to disadvantaged women all over the country through their new #NationalBeautyDrive campaign, running from May 1 through May 31. Project Beauty Share is an important voice for women overcoming abuse, addiction, homelessness and poverty, and #NationalBeautyDrive will inspire a nationwide movement of women helping women.
If you are about to go all Marie Kondo for spring cleaning or regret a beauty box monthly subscription, #NationalBeautyDrive is the campaign for you! If a product didn’t spark joy, you can donate it to a woman in need. Guaranteed joy sparker! Chances are you have more lipsticks, shadows and moisturizers than you could ever use. Gather your tribe to collect new products to donate for #NationalBeautyDrive. You will not only declutter your beauty stash and save products from going to waste, but you will also help women who need it most.
How #NationalBeautyDrive Works:
- Beginning May 1 and concluding May 31, 2019, PBS is encouraging women to sign up on the PBS website to participate as a Beauty Driver in the #NationalBeautyDrive campaign
- By signing up to be a Beauty Driver, they agree to gather their “tribe” (friends, mommy clubs, church group, book club, sorority, etc.) to collect new hygiene items, such as shampoo, deodorant, razors, tampons, etc.
- Beauty Drivers will locate an agency or shelter in their community that aligns with Project Beauty Share’s mission to donate the collected products
- Beauty Drivers are asked to follow @project_beauty_share on IG or @projectbeautyshare on FB, upload a short video or photos of their efforts using #NationalBeautyDrive, along with a short caption about what “beauty in the giving” means to them, inspiring others to participate
- Project Beauty Share will select a standout Beauty Driver from among the submissions to receive 120 privé Hair Products to be donated to their selected shelter or agency, based on their statement and how their chosen agency aligns with the PBS mission, they will also win a prize pack from privé and PBS t-shirts for themselves and their tribe
The #NationalBeautyDrive is already underway! Groups have already started collecting products to send to their local shelters. Gather your tribe and start collecting today!
For more information and to sign up, please visit https://projectbeautyshare.org/national-beauty-drive/ .