With the beginning of each New Year comes the resolution to stay in shape and adopt a fit lifestyle. Unfortunately, as the year goes on, a slice of chocolate cake usually trumps a granola bar, and a night on the couch wins over a trip to the gym.
Fortunately, those looking to turn over a new leaf in 2011 have great resources available on their mobile phones! GetJar, the world’s largest open app store has a list of apps that can aid a person who is looking to become healthier. Whether you want to drop a few pounds or just lead a healthier lifestyle, we have Top Dieting, Exercise and Nutrition Apps to offer that can help.
Dieting, Exercise and Nutrition Apps
• Healthy Life – Fully loaded mobile application about healthy life. A mix of knowledge gaining articles and scientific formula based calculators. All the information used through development process is sourced mainly from online resources of National Departments of UK and USA and from up-to-date book materials, therefore providing the bases of quality information and trustful results. (94,931 Downloads)
• Mobile Personal Trainer – Time your activity and adjust your goal to a healthy life. Mobile activity program can run in a close mode where you continue use for your mobile phone. Add new activities such as running, gardening, etc. and comment as you perform them. Handy and easy to use! (178,299 Downloads)
• SportyPal – SportyPal is an easy to use intuitive application for your mobile phone. You activate it when you start your running, cycling, walking, rollerblading or similar exercise. In two simple clicks it will start to log and map your position, movement, distance, tempo and calories burned. (1,253 Downloads)
• Tracker – This application will allow you to track your weight and keep track of the amount of food that you have eaten. (27,814 Downloads)
• HandyLogs – Monitor & analyze your Workout, Body Weight and Measurements with HandyLogs Fitness on your phone. (15,919 Downloads)
• Lose it – Succeed at weight loss with Lose It! Set goals and establish a daily calorie budget that enables you to meet them. Stay on track each day by recording your food and exercise and staying within your budget.
• Smart Yoga – Smart Yoga Daily Yoga Postures with images detailed description including the benefits and meanings step wise instructions to get in the accurate posture and improve the fitness level. (214,000 Downloads)
• SmartRunner – GPS sportstracking and geotracking application using the integrated GPS of your Mobile Device, which allows you to record your next run, biking trip, hike, walk, ride, or any other outdoor activity and publish them on the SmartRunner Portal. (2,830 Downloads)
• WalkMe – A walking assistant that keeps track of your performance while walking. It provides speed, distance, steps taken, and calories burned during exercise. After the walk the results can be exported and uploaded for further analysis to any walking community site. (167,744 Downloads)
• CaloryGuard – CaloryGuard provides a huge database with meals and activities, which is additionally connected to our unique online database. The online database gives you access to more than 20,000 additional meals and activities in 4 languages. With built-in Withings Body Scale integration all your measures will sync automatically. (427 Downloads)
About GetJar: GetJar is the world’s largest open app store with over 1 billion downloads to date. The company’s key point of difference is its open market approach, which allows it to deliver applications for both feature phones and smartphones across all major platforms such as Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, iPhone and Symbian among others. The company provides more than 75,000 mobile applications to consumers in more than 200 countries. GetJar has been selected by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer for 2011 for its innovative approach to technology and its deep impact on business and society on a global scale. GetJar is backed by Accel Partners and is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in the UK and Lithuania. For more information: www.getjar.com and follow us on Twitter @getjar.
DID YOU KNOW: According to a study, created by Chetan Sharma Consulting, mobile app downloads should jump from 7 billion in 2009 to almost 50 billion in 2012!