Is your job search stalling out after you submit a résumé but before you’re offered an interview? With a recession that has caused a 10 percent unemployment rate, affecting 15.3 million Americans, having a winning résumé is vital to securing an interview—and it demands a fresh look at how you write your résumé and market yourself.
Whether you’re entering the job market for the first time, looking for a new job after a layoff, or changing careers, Résumés For Dummies®, 6th Edition, by Joyce Lain Kennedy shows you the ropes and rules for a new era in recruiting and job searching.
• Instructions for Writing an Inclusive Core Résumé
• Nine Ways to Bulletproof Your Résumé
• Tips on Targeting a Known Position or Tailoring a Résumé to Specific Industries
• What Not to Include on Your Résumé
• Changing Careers? Résumé Tips to Ease the Transition
• Common Résumé-Writing Mistakes to Avoid
• Résumés For Dummies Cheat Sheet
Updated with the latest information on privacy issues in the electronic age, Résumés For Dummies is your go-to guide for getting your foot in the door.
About the Author: Joyce Lain Kennedy is the nationally syndicated career columnist of Careers Now, which appears twice weekly in newspapers and on Web sites across the U.S. She is the author of award-winning books, including Job Interviews For Dummies® and Cover Letters For Dummies®.
Résumés For Dummies®, 6th Edition is available at bookstores nationwide, major online booksellers, or directly from the publisher by calling (877) 762-2974. Worth Reading!