Leveraging the power of content and social media marketing can help elevate your audience and customer base in a dramatic way. But getting started without any previous experience or insight could be challenging.
It’s vital that business understands social media marketing fundamentals. My client Lyndsi Stafford knows the importance of maximizing quality to increasing online entry points. By abiding by these 5 laws written by my client and CEO of eLuminate Marketing, will help build a foundation that will serve your customers, your brand and — perhaps most importantly — your bottom line.
- The Law of Listening Success with social media and content marketing requires more listening and less talking. Read your target audience’s online content and join discussions to learn what’s important to them. Only then can you create content and spark conversations that add value rather than clutter to their lives.
- The Law of Focus It’s better to specialize than to be a jack-of-all-trades. A highly-focused social media and content marketing strategy intended to build a strong brand has a better chance for success than a broad strategy that attempts to be all things to all people.
- The Law of Quality Quality trumps quantity. It’s better to have 1,000 online connections who read, share and talk about your content with their own audiences than 10,000 connections who disappear after connecting with you the first time.
- The Law of Patience Social media and content marketing success doesn’t happen overnight. While it’s possible to catch lightning in a bottle, it’s far more likely that you’ll need to commit to the long haul to achieve results.
- The Law of Compounding If you publish amazing, quality content and work to build your online audience of quality followers, they’ll share it with their own audiences on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, their own blogs and more.
This sharing and discussing of your content opens new entry points for search engines like Google to find it in keyword searches. Those entry points could grow to hundreds or thousands of more potential ways for people to find you online.
Lyndsi Stafford considers herself to be an online storyteller. she helps businesses discover original and creative ways to market themselves. Her passion for developing and executing marketing strategies propelled her to open eLuminate Marketing.
At FSU she received her Bachelors in Public Relations and Masters of Science in Integrated Marketing. Upon graduation she worked in sales and marketing at firms ranging in size from $2M to $15B, both national and international. Some of eLuminate Marketings work: https://www.pinterest.com/eluminatemarket / Their Clients are in every industry from law, education, hospitality, entertainment, dental, health, fitness and products.