Talking to Brian Russell was like speaking with an old friend. The Scottish-born, Canadian-raised author was simply down-to-earth and interesting.
Let me tell you a little bit about him:
Brian Russell has been in the entertainment business for over 30 years, making Music, Movies and now his first novel, “Scribe.”
Now in his 60’s, the newly published novelist has made his mark in several facets of the entertainment industry:
- As a composer and performer he was signed to Elton John’s Rocket Records and has written hit songs for Kanye West, Jay Z, Beyonce, Chaka Kahn, Ann Murray and Cheryl Ladd.
- Brian is co-author of the children’s book The Adventures of Little Nettie Windship (Dove Books) with his wife, Cheryl Ladd.
- Brian and Cheryl Ladd (Charlie’s Angels) have been married for 33 years! In Hollywood that is a sure fire hit!
- He has produced both feature films and television, including
- The Grace Kelly Story, starring Cheryl Ladd
- From The Hip
- One West Waikiki (CBS TV Series)
- The Fulfillment of Mary Gray
- Rock Voyage of the Rock Aliens, starring Pia Zadora (cult classic film)
You can click on Brian’s picture or click the link below to listen to our interview:
Highlights of our interview include:
Brian spoke about how he got the idea for Scribe, who some of his favorite authors are, and who has influenced his writing, he shared advice for those aspiring to be novelists and even talked about what it is like being married to Cheryl Ladd!
While Brian had so many interesting things to share, two things stood out in our interview. He spoke about why he feels he has had such a lasting marriage given that Hollywood is notorious for short-lived relationships. He said he married his best friend and that they “see life through the same window.” Profound. And true.
The other thing was while we were chatting Cheryl was in the other room (I get the feeling that she is his biggest fan) and he asked her a couple of questions to which she quickly replied. I felt as though I was in the same room with them!
You can also check out Cheryl’s website www.CherylLadd.com
And of course be sure and buy the book on Amazon -Also available in Kindle Version!