In today’s rapidly changing and exceedingly competitive business environment, it is imperative to continually uncover new and innovative ways to stay ahead of the curve and, most importantly, not get left behind. To outperform the competition, breakthrough thinking is mission critical—the kind of out-of-the-box ideation that expands horizons and provokes epiphanies. It is about the kind of thinking that can take a company from good to great, or from failing to wildly successful.
“The rewards realized from developing even one breakthrough idea can be immense,” notes Gene Jones, one of America’s leading authorities on unlocking innovation through transformational play. “Indeed, the most successful company is the one that works smarter, not necessarily harder.”
“Every single employee at an organization is a potential diamond in the rough—possibly possessing latent ideas and visions that lay dormant, which represents an immense potential opportunity,” Jones asserts. “The key challenge is discerning how to tap into that diamond mine and unearth hidden gems—those game changing ideas that propel companies to reach their highest potential.
But, how exactly does an organization foster breakthrough thinking? The answer is surprisingly simple: Trivia! While most people consider such games to be hobbies or playful ways to pass idle time, trivia is far more than just fun and games. In fact, the use of trivia has been proven to unlock the potential of the human mind, thereby improving mental performance and enhancing creativity. One report cited “the engagement and excitement produced by trivia games is directly related to cognitive and brain development.” Discovering this truth in the course of hosting thousands of trivia game shows, Jones developed his proprietary “Triviation® corporate training program based on the art, science, and educational aspects of trivia to help individuals and companies unleash and capitalize on their full creative potential.
What is Transformational Play?
Transformational play is the use of the art of play to accomplish serious business. The mantra of transformational play is: Play First – Work Better – Achieve Superior Results. Therefore, the power of play is not to be underestimated.
Below are 5 proven reasons trivia is a potent tool for mobilizing breakthrough thinking:
- Improves cognitive skills by providing mental cross-training known as asymmetric thinking. By inspiring previously unexplored thought patterns, asymmetric thinking stimulates the brain to fire on more cylinders, thereby facilitating greater neuroplasticity that generates greater creativity, innovation, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Exemplifies transformational play, which is “play with a purpose,” seamlessly shifting participants to be more alert and receptive to useful information, thus accelerating the learning curve.
- Facilitates better memory by increasing accessible intelligence. This is accomplished by exercising memory recall systems in the brain.
- Builds community through the sharing of common knowledge, serving as a unique social interaction and communication model.
- Assists in concept formation by providing targeted streams of information in a question and answer format, thereby dramatizing concepts by connecting the previously unconnected relationships between events and ideas. This leads to greater understanding of targeted subjects.
With these benefits as a foundation, businesses and individuals can leverage strategically crafted trivia game to gain various critical business advantages. Among other distinct advantages, trivia can:
- Inspire innovation and facilitate creative ideation;
- Expedite problem solving;
- Promote team building and corporate culture development;
- Enhance the development of leadership skills;
- Increase productivity performance and growth;
- Reinforce knowledge and clarify concepts;
- Foster conversation and communication.
“Trivia, when presented in a compelling game show format strategically-designed for corporate training, can readily promote the power of cognitive thinking within a business to improve mental dexterity and efficiency among staffers,” says Jones. “Trivia games can expand decision-making capabilities and accelerate progress by helping individuals knock down mental ‘walls’ and think more expansively. When aptly exploited, such breakthrough thinking yields extreme competitive advantages that drive organizations ahead of the curve….and keep them there.”
Gene Jones’ Triviation® is a powerful corporate training program designed to activate breakthrough thinking. Using a proprietary blend of targeted information presented in the form of a trivia game show, Triviation stimulates breakthrough thinking that is then applied to accelerate the progress of any corporate agenda. The Triviation training program leads organizations to superior results in any endeavor. Access the limitless pool of ideas, the untapped human resources of your own company, with this unique form of transformational play that achieves serious business objectives. The key aspect of Triviation’s methodology is its ability to achieve serious results by utilizing a playful training method known as transformational play. Once activated, this process inspires and nurtures expansive thought by seamlessly fusing the use of targeted information with participant’s logic systems to create new mental connections. These new connections create a foundation for breakthrough thinking, better idea generation, and more effective implementation. Triviation converts a favorite American pastime enjoyed by millions into a powerful tool yielding transformative benefits to businesses.