Did you know that you can use a travel organization app from Bublup to help you plan the perfect winter vacation this year? But this doesn’t mean you need to wait for June to come around to enjoy your next vacation. More and more families are taking advantage of the unique opportunities for fun afforded by the winter months. From skiing, winter holidays, to finding a cozy cabin up in the mountains, there’s a lot to do on a winter vacation.
But did you know that there are unique things to know about planning a winter vacation? Don’t worry about finding the perfect beach house. Now you have to think about if you have winter activity gear (the right boots and jackets), if your car has 4-wheel drive for certain trips, and whether or not you’ll have a cozy fireplace. Here, we’re taking a closer look at how to plan the perfect winter vacation. Seasons greetings.
How to Plan a Perfect Winter Vacation
Looking for a few winter vacation planning tips? Read on:
- Research your accommodations: it’s important to know all the details about where you’ll be staying. But there are a few things to know in particular for winter traveling and vacationing. Do they have an adequate heating system (in some winter cabins, this isn’t always the case). Will you need 4-wheel drive to access it in the winter? And, of course, is the location close to those activities you want to do on this vacation.
- Go for that travel insurance: sure, you’ll hear many people say that travel insurance is never really worth the extra cost, but in the winter, that’s different. Compared to the summer, there are far more cases of bad weather in the winter, like a winter storm, so you’ll play it safe in case your travel plans get canceled. If you look at the big picture, losing out on your entire trip and reservations entirely is a much more costly affair than that portion you’re paying for the travel insurance.
- Buy a hard shell suitcase: if you don’t already have one, consider “shelling” out a little extra for one of these suitcases. Not only are they better at protecting your items, but compared to a soft shell, the hard shell cover will keep your gear safe from the wet snow. It’s often easier to fit all your winter gear in these cases, as well.
- You don’t have to head for the snow: while many of us envision a winter vacation in the snow-covered mountains somewhere, this is just one option out of many. Of course, visiting a place like Colorado can be a great way to experience your own winter wonderland. But on the other end, why not head for warmer weather for your winter vacation this time around? Many folks plan to head south during the winter to escape that very same snow. Consider somewhere sunny and warm for your winter vacation so you can come back with a tan to show off to all your friends.
- Book early: while it might seem like the winter months are less popular for vacations and traveling, this isn’t always true. It’s important to get all your travel plans and booking done early so you can have the vacation you envisioned. Trust us, there’s nothing worse than picking a vacation spot, a hotel, or even just a certain activity, only to find that it’s already booked up for the season.
- Bring it all together with an organization app: at the end of the day, there’s one final step for your winter travel plans. Download a free organization app to help you tie everything together. These handy apps allow you to save and store any digital file in a convenient place. Whether that’s flight information, tickets, important documents you can’t afford to lose, or your whole list of travel notes, you can save them all in one place. You can also store all your travel photos, videos, and memories in these apps.
Top Winter Vacation Locations
Now that you have some tips for planning out your winter vacation, the next part is perhaps the most important: where will you be going? Of course, you have quite a few options when it comes to this, but it doesn’t hurt to get a little inspiration from time to time. If you need some help choosing that location for your next vacation, check out some of these popular winter vacation destinations:
- Breckenridge, Colorado.
- St. Lucia.
- Costa Rica.
- Southern California.
- Quebec City.
- Jackson Hole.
- Lake Tahoe.
- Park City.
And this is just the beginning. When it comes to finding the perfect winter vacation spot, the world is truly your oyster. What matters most is the activities you plan, the time you get to relax, and the people you spend time with.
Conclusion – How to Plan a Perfect Winter Vacation
Avoid the summer beach crowds this year and consider planning a winter vacation instead. There’s a lot to do and see in the winter months. From the Colorado Rockies to even heading south for a bit of mild weather, a winter vacation can be the perfect experience this year.
But when planning your trip, there are definitely a few important things to keep in mind. Make sure to thoroughly research your accommodations, buy a hard shell suitcase for all that winter gear, and consider going in for the travel insurance this time. And to bring it all together, consider downloading an easy-to-use organization app. These convenient apps allow you to centralize all your travel plans, important documents, and notes. And once you get home, you can use the app to share all your favorite photos and videos with family and friends. Make travel planning easy this year with an organization app.
This is a Sponsored Post/link – the author has requested this post be shared on WE Magazine for Women and we were compensated for sharing.