By: Amy E Nutt
A Body Wrap is a personal skin care product in which the body is wrapped in material similar to cellophane or heat retaining blankets. Before wrapping the body, the skin is covered with natural substances and ointments that contain such ingredients as mud, botanical oils, or seaweed. The purpose is to hydrate and nourish the skin, draw out toxins and other impurities, and promote weight loss.
After lathering the body with lotions or creams and tightly wrapped, one lays for about 20 minutes allowing absorption of nutrients and toxin elimination. One is then unwrapped and rinsed off. The cost of the body wrap at a spa can vary from $120 – $150.
There are a number of health and cosmetic benefits to getting a body wrap.
Benefits of a Body Wrap
– A body wrap eliminates toxins, dirt, debris, and other skin damaging substances from the skin There are treatments that rehydrate the skin as well as flushing out toxins and debris.
– It can help stimulate collagen production which promotes new skin cell growth.
– There are body lotions that use such ingredients as Shea butter which moisturizes, softens, and rejuvenates the skin.
– The process of a body wrap involves exfoliation using a special scrub. The exfoliation helps loosen and remove skin irritants, dirt, debris, and aids in the removal of such skin conditions as blackheads.
– It is 100% organic so it there are no chemical additives. The ingredients nourish the skin with vitamins and minerals thereby improving the overall health of the skin leaving it with a natural glow.
– The wrap helps to promote natural slimming and reduces belly fat thereby promoting weight loss. Each person is different and loses weight at a different rate, but most people lose between 6 to 20 inches after their first body wrap.
– It makes drastic improvements to the skin that includes firming the skin, reducing a double chin, and reducing cellulite. The wrap also reduces dry skin and other conditions such as Psoriasis and Eczema. The result is a clear and smoother skin complexion. It will also firm skin in such areas as the breast and neck. As well, it helps prevent acne.
There are many different types of body lotions available. Each is designed to help a certain area of the body. For instance, Chardan Body Wraps is a body wrap lotion seller that offers such products as the ‘Super Skin Firming Wrap’ which is designed to repair, hydrate, build collagen, firm and tighten skin after pregnancy, and tighten loose skin.
Damaging environmental conditions such as extreme heat and cold, wind, and sun, as well as the chemicals found in our personal products, can all cause severe skin damage such as dry skin, acne, pre-mature aging, and much more. It is now essential to implement and maintain a good skin health program. Using body wraps is one way to nourish and replenish your skin with essential vitamins, mineral, and moisturizers which will help maintain young, healthy, and beautiful looking skin.
About Amy E Nutt: Keep sensitive skin healthy with organic, natural skin care and hair products. Providing a variety of natural body wash, body oil and organic soaps, organic shampoo and hair gel to help keep you looking young and fabulous.