“Seller disclosure statements, lengthy and tedious forms, and the emergence of buyer-brokers have made the process one that is difficult to navigate. You’ll benefit from the services of a real estate agent with experience in many aspects of real estate transactions,” says Brett Furman , broker and owner of REMAX Classic in St. Davids, Pennsylvania
Some of the distinct advantages of enlisting the services of a real estate agent include:
1. Marketing: An agent will showcase your property to other agents and public as well as through Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and online tools.
2. Security: When you work with an agent, you don’t have to worry about letting strangers into your home.
3. Negotiations: An agent can help you evaluate offers and guide you through appraisals, inspections and financing issues.
4. Closing Process: An agent can help with issues surrounding the sales agreement and closing process.
5. Technology: Armed with a host of technological tools, such as Web sites and a video of the home’s features, an agent can help you sell your home quicker.
6. Online Home Evaluation: An agent can keep you updated on new home listings, homes under contract as well as homes that have sold or not sold.
7. Virtual Tour: An agent can provide unlimited photos of your home and a virtual tour video to be featured on prominent Web sites.
“There are certainly a lot of facets that go into properly selling one’s home. It is important for a credible agent to be involved to make sure all of these services occur.”
For more information on keeping your home well-maintained and other useful tips for selling your home, visit BrettFurman.com or www.homesellerhandbook.com