When it comes to expressing love and gratitude, adult children admit to not telling their moms often enough. In fact, according to the recent #DearMom survey conducted on behalf of Lands’ End, eight out of ten adult children polled feel they should tell Mom more frequently how much they care. Here are more results from the recent #DearMom study:
#DearMom survey findings:
- 16 percent of respondents admit to “rarely” telling mom how much she’s loved while 81 percent make it a priority to honor mom each Mother’s Day.
- The survey found that 63 percent of respondents feel as though they do not spend enough quality time with mom.
- Almost half (48 percent) of survey respondents stated they are “friends” with their moms on social media and four out of ten have posted about their mom on social platforms.
- 45 percent of survey respondents acknowledged having a difficult time knowing how to show their moms how much they care.
- While some adult children have a hard time expressing love and affection for mom, others (19 percent) tell their moms daily how much they are loved and another 35 percent tell them at least weekly.
- Almost all respondents (95 percent) make it a point to express affection towards mom on Mother’s Day as well as her birthday (94 percent)
Lands’ End, Inc. is a leading multi-channel retailer of clothing, accessories, footwear and home products. We offer products through catalogs, online at www.landsend.com, www.canvasbylandsend.com and affiliated specialty and international websites, and through retail locations, primarily at Lands’ End Shops at Sears® and standalone Lands’ End Inlet® Stores. We are a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service and real value, and seek to deliver timeless style for men, women, kids and the home. ### Methodology: The Lands’ End #DearMom Survey was conducted by SurveyMonkey between March 21-28, 2016 and included a sample size of 629 male and female adults ages 18+ with a female parent.