Tis the season for holiday dinners, desserts and drinking with family and friends. All of that is what makes the holiday season the best time of year… until January 1st comes around and you realize you’ve gone completely off your fitness routine and diet. Bedros Keuilian, personal trainer and founder of Fit Body Boot Camp, has come up his expert tips on how to stay fit and on track during the holiday season.
Below, are the top ten tips to looking and feeling your best throughout the holiday season:
· Aim to stay on your fitness program throughout the entire holiday season, even if you only have time to squeeze in a quick workout.
· Plan out your workouts ahead of time to make sure you leave yourself enough time to get in a good workout.
· Try to set fitness goals for yourself that can come as a gift to yourself at the end of the holidays.
· Don’t overdo the dieting – make sure you allow yourself a planned “cheat day” to reward yourself for your hard work.
· Don’t get discouraged if you miss a workout or two, just make sure to jump right back into your routine.
· Although you will be eating more throughout the holidays, try to stay on a consistent eating schedule to keep your metabolism up and running.
· It’s okay to have dessert on the holidays, just remember portion size and try not to overindulge in anything.
· Bring a family member who’s in town to work out with you and use each other to stay on track.
· On the days the gym is closed, be sure to get as much of a workout in as possible at home – even if it’s only a couple sets.
· Get the family outside before dinner – start a quick game of football that can help everyone get active before the big meal.
Following these tips during the holiday season will help you stay on track and focused on your fitness goals while still enjoying all of your holiday parties.
ABOUT BEDROS KEUILIAN
Bedros Keuilian is the founder and CEO of the world’s fastest growing indoor fitness boot camp franchise: Fit Body Boot Camp. An immigrant from a communist country turned hugely successful entrepreneur, Bedros uses the stage to share his personal American Dream story and impart his passion for success with audiences worldwide.
ABOUT FIT BODY BOOT CAMP
Fit Body Boot Camp is home of the Afterburn workouts – a group personal training program where you’ll get high energy, fun, and challenging workouts designed to burn maximum fat and tone your entire body in only 30 minutes.