100 Resources / Women Recommend / Women to Watch

101 Women Bloggers to Watch Fall 2008

Over the past two years I have been researching and reading about women bloggers.  Prior to this listing, these women have been listed on the Virtual Woman’s Day Blog. However we have are taking another direction with that blog so I thought it would be a great idea to share these exceptional women with the readers of WE Magazine for Women.

These women bloggers come from all walks of life around the world and their blogs focus on a variety of topics from lifestyle to careers, to corporate life to politics, sex and feminism, to decorating and cooking, they feature work at home moms and stay at home moms, corporate leaders and entrepreneurs and everything in between.

I am sure you will enjoy reading what these women have to say. Each one has a way of sharing and baring her soul in a unique and profound way that makes you feel compelled to read more. I feel as though I know them having read their works.  And you will too.

Be sure to stop by and say Hi to them. Tell them Heidi from WE magazine sent you. And if you feel compelled, please leave a comment below.

Happy reading!

Hot Flashes Cool Insights with Joyce Mason

Dr. Sally Witt

Escape from Corporate America with Laurel Delaney

Cindy Lin’s Staged 4 More

Tags: , ,

1. Dina at Wordfeeder.com says:

Heidi, thank you for including me on this list! You’re someone who I’m proud to be associated with. Great job on this site.

2. Pingback: World of Science News : Blog Archive : 101 Women Bloggers to Watch [Living the Scientific Life (Scientist, Interrupted)]

3. Heidi

Thank you so much for including my blog on this list. I am flattered and very appreciative. Have a wonderful weekend.

4. Thanks for including me, Heidi. You’ve given me even more reasons to write! Thanks and all the best to you.

Cindy Morus, Your Money Mending Partner

5. Melanie Kissell says:

Heidi …

Wow-Wee! This is an incredibly phenomenal list of blogs and I can’t wait to dig right in and start giving them a read!

Blogging and Article Marketing are my two favorite online activities. As a member of WECAI, I’m proud and I feel privileged to have the opportunity to get to know all these women through their blogging efforts and expertise!

So far, I’ve created four blogs, each with a specific purpose. For anyone who’s failing forward in their network marketing business, take a peak at http://melaniekissell.wordpress.com It just may help!

Have a Magical and Meaningful life,
    ~Melanie Kissell

6. Pingback: Making a List! « Ask Dr. Janice

7. Thank you so much for including me! And it looks like you’ve included several other phenomenal bloggers as well. I’m in good company, and I can’t wait to “meet” the rest.

8. A great choice to select GrrlScientist of Living the Scientific Life. She is an outstanding writer who brings a love to nature to all, not just scientists.

9. Heidi,

Thank you so much for including me / Girlfriendology in your list of Women Bloggers to watch. I’m honored – and to keep such great company!! THANKS!

The reason I started Girlfriendology was because I was blessed with great girlfriends and wanted to inspire others to recognize and appreciate these amazing women and friendships who keep us heathier, happier, less stressed and even live longer. (And now research shows girlfriends also make us feel prettier!)

This wonderful spirit of girlfriends is basically women supporting each other, like you’ve done for me by including Girlfriendology on this great list.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Love the list and can’t wait to visit so many others.

Thanks! If there is anything I can do for you and WE Magazine, please let me know!

Debba / http://www.girlfriendology.com

10. Pingback: Girlfriendology honored as one of 101 Women Bloggers to Watch! | Girlfriendology

11. krista colvin says:

THANKS for including me! This was the the best google alert YET… to see my name under the 101 Women Bloggers to Watch! What a fabulous way to start my day!

Looking forward to visiting blogs 100 fabulous blogs this week~

anyone on twitter? follow me @kristacolvin

12. A great list of blogs. Like many others, I am glad to see Grrl at Living the Scientific Life recognized for her outstanding writing and dedication to high quality blogging. I’ll explore the other blogs, since I can see you’ve got quality and used some very good judgment.

13. Pingback: Get International Clients Sunday Blog Carnival #19 : Get International Clients

14. Thanks for including me. Stumbled and included a link to it in my latest blog carnival.

FYI Tali Shapiro has closed the blog you posted and can is now focusing all her marketing energy at http://www.thepinupblog.com/ which is doing tremendously well.

15. Wowsers. I was shocked to see my name included in this list of amazing women. Thanks for compiling this for us. Can’t wait to dive in and find some more great sites.

16. This is a great list. I love the breadth and depth of topics that women are blogging. Thank you so much for including my blog. I am honored!

Women in the workforce tend to be helpers, even when in executive positions. We don’t just tell people to get things done. We help them succeed. My blog offers business and management advice that makes work easier and more fulfilling.

I’m fortunate to be the Chief of Staff to Dan Caruso the CEO of Zayo Group a hot new CLEC that has acquired 10 companies in just over 1 year. To be successful at Zayo – communication and efficiency are extremely important. If you have a chance, I would love to hear from other women in business. What is important to you? What makes work life more fullfilling? http://www.businesstoolsblog.com. You can learn about Dan Caruso at his blog http://www.bearonbusiness.com.

17. Looking forward to checking out some of those links, thanks!

18. What an honor! Thank you for including me in your list!

19. Michele DeKinder-Smith says:

Heidi, Thank you SO MUCH for including me on your list! I feel very honored. Additionally, I am so looking forward to checking out the other blogs listed here, many of which are new to me.

At Jane Out of the Box, our mission is conducting research with female entrepreneurs and getting that information out into the world, to help women business owners achieve the entrepreneurial lifestyles they dream of. Now having interviewed over 800 women business owners, we’ve realized just how much creating a successful business is more than “just business” — it’s about designing a life that supports each entrepreneur in being the woman she most wants to be — embracing lifestyle, parenting decisions, creativity, curiosity, and personal passions. On that basis, I’m delighted to have a whole new set of wise women to connect with, each of whom has a unique story to tell. If I can help any of the bloggers here on her personal journey of truth-telling, business ownership, etc., I’m delighted to do so.

20. Thanks so much for the inclusion! This is quite nice of you. I am very honored and flattered!

Thanks again,

21. Thanks so much for including my HerBulletin blog in the list, I am honored!

Have a blessed fall season,

22. Pingback: HRM Today - Blog Archive » Making a List!

23. Yowza, who’d have thunk that a blog about tax would make the site? I’m so honored to be included, thanks!

24. Heidi – Thank you very much. Pink Slip and I are honored to be included on your list.

Maureen Rogers

25. Thank you for including my blog, Writes Like She Talks, on your list! Great way to boost the dialogue between us and beyond.

Best to you – Jill

26. Thank you so much for including me here. I will enjoy visiting others in your list too.

27. What a great list. I can’t wait to check out the ones that are not already on my Google Reader. Glad to see Girlfriendology listed, one of my favorites.

Tina T.

28. I was so surprised to see that I was included on this list of women blog writers to watch! thank you so much for noticing me among all the very talented women out there.

for those of you who don’t know my blog, Living the Scientific Life (Scientist, Interrupted) is about science and nature; birds, evolution, medicine and the mental illness, bipolar disorder. I also include a fair amount of photography on my site because, as they say, “a picture is worth a thousand words” and my goal is to help people learn about and appreciate science and nature.

Once again, many thanks for noticing and recognizing my work.

29. Pingback: Social Marketing, Social Networking | Queen of Marketing, MaryPat Kavanagh » Blog Archive » 101 Women Bloggers to Watch Fall 2008

30. Pingback: Two honors for WLST | Writes Like She Talks

Now I have a huge list to go and read – and yes, I will tell them you sent me!

32. Thanks for including me on this list! I will certainly check out some of the others!

33. Thanks for the listing – much appreciated – AND I now have all this new info here to report on!

34. What an honor! Thank you for including A Life of Benevolence in your list! Love the list and can’t wait to visit so many others.

35. Pingback: A Life of Benevolence Honored! « A Life of Benevolence

36. Pingback: I Was Named One of the 101 Women Bloggers to Watch.

37. Pingback: World News » I Was Named One of the 101 Women Bloggers to Watch.

38. Kathryn Marion says:

I’m truly honored to have The Smartest Thing I Ever Did…(R) included on this list! Thanks so much! I also see a lot of great-sounding blogs I wasn’t aware of before–I think I’ll be filling up my Google Reader now. Thanks, again!

39. Wow, lovely. Thank you very much, Heidi, for including me. What a marvel the internet is. I’ll be checking out the blogs here.
    Warm regards from Munich,

40. Pingback: The Island Weekly » Blog Archive » Listed

41. Thanks so much for this great list! I just visited several wonderful blogs, and I look forward to checking into more of them.
    I see that The Smartest Thing I Ever Did with Kathryn Marion made the list (and it is a wonderful site, but..) I just wanted
    to let everyone know that she has another blog that I think should also be on the list. It is Better Than a Business Card and I encourage you to check it out!

42. I am also extremely honored and delighted to be included among this list of admirable women. I am looking forward to visiting each and every one. Thanks, WE, for being a great resource.

43. Pingback: A Family of Successful Women « LifePoint

44. Pingback: A Girl’s Gotta Spa! Named 101 Women Bloggers to Watch This Fall | A Girl's Gotta Spa Beauty Blog!

45. Phyllis R. Neill says:

Much gratitude for listing my site on your top 101 to watch for list!

46. What a great list! I have been reading Shannon’s “A Girl’s Gotta Spa” for a long time and it’s nice to see her recognized. Also, I found some other new blogs on here for my blogroll.

47. Wow – What an honor to be included on such a fine list of women powered blogs! It will be fun reading through the list and finding new and exciting resources. Thank you again Heidi!

Note Raven Young’s blog has a new URL: http://www.RavensBrain.com.

48. Pingback: The Beauty Blog Network [ Network Blog ] » Blog Archive » 101 Women Bloggers

49. Hello Heidi,

Thank you for listing my blog. It is really an honor to be among such great blogs. I will continue to publish content to help women get healthy and stay that way!

Carol J. Dunlop, CPT
    Visit http://www.optimumbodysculpting.com to get my Free E-course “How to Burn Calories While You Sleep” when you sign up for the Fitness-4-Life newsletter

50. Pingback: Appreciating Heidi Richards of WE Magazine | Entrepreneurs Breakfast | Freelance Tips | Outsourcing Survival | Online Business

51. Hi there,

On behalf of my biz partner/wife, thank you so much for including us on the 101 Women Bloggers to Watch List! Lani’s going to be thrilled when she gets the news.

Unfortunately, you have us listed as:

“Epiphanies with Leslie Sturgeon”

It’s actually “Lani Voivod” that you mean to append to the link, instead of Leslie. Leslie is a friend of ours who runs a fabulous group in NH, Women Inspiring Women. (www.wiwnh.com) Lani’s blogged about her, is a member of that group, and will probably be doing speaking gigs with them in the near future. Leslie’s not blogging yet, but we’re betting that’ll change in 2009 when she upgrades her website. 😉

Thank you again, and we’re honored to be on your list!

Allen Voivod
    Epiphanies, Inc.
    “A-Ha Yourself!”

52. Hi, Allen!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.I have corrected the entry to reflect the right name Lani Voivod.

Congratulations on “making the list” and thanks for all you do.

Heidi Richards, Mooney, Publisher

53. Hi Heidi!

In just two words, this list is BRILLIANT and INSPIRING! For the past few months, I’ve spent some time emerging into the women’s blogosphere. I’ve discovered many of the blogs you’ve listed and others I’m delighted to learn about. While these woman all have different interests, they share one commonality, and that is, they’re doing an exceptional job of allowing their passions to unfold and reflect upon others. Thank you, Heidi for bringing them all together and showing us that common ground.
    Cheers to exceptional women doing wonderful things!
    Sabrina L. Coady
    Veedow Ltd. (www.veedow.com)

54. Hi Heidi!

Thanks for compiling this great resource for Women.

Shann Vander Leek, True Balance Life Coaching

55. Pingback: Lotus Effects and Spa Uno Proud Sponsors of ‘Gotta Spa’ Beauty Sweepstakes! « Planet Spa

56. Thanks so much for including me. I’m honored. :)

57. Not on your list, but definitely another to watch …

Truth In Aging (http://www.truthinaging.com) is dedicated to providing truthful and unbiased guidance to consumers seeking anti-aging results through skin care, hair care, health and beauty products, and salon and clinical treatments. Launched in Beta in 2008, the blog is an extension of Accord Media, an independent online publisher founded by industry veteran Marta Wöhrle.

58. Veronika Freeman says:

I’m so thrilled to be on this list – and would love to start promoting it – but I’m not: WEB Mom MV with Dot Calm
    It’s my address but I’m WEBLogMV and my business name is dotcalm (ee cummings like, lowercase one word)- the full name is Women Entreprenuers’ Blog of the Mohawk Valley.
    Thanks for all the research it took to compile this list – I hope to send many entrepreneurs to this site in the upcoming months!

59. Wendy VanHatten says:

If you are looking for additional blog sites, mine is about travel. Tips, destinations, photos, deals are all part of it.

60. Veronika Freeman says:

please correct my name to be “WEBlogMV by dotcalm” – the link is correct

61. Hey! Put me on that list! I hope you will stop by my blog – Raisin Toast – and give me a read. All about my crazy life in North Carolina, but I try to keep it interesting and fun. Hope you’ll stop by at http://www.raisin-toast.com. Thanks!

62. Lynda Waddington says:

Wow! I have no idea how to suitably respond to being included on a list with so many women that I’ve admired. I’m flattered, humbled and honored. Thank you so very much.

I did a quick post on my blog so that all of my readers can link over and discover some new favorites from this amazing list.

63. Heidi,

I’m soooo late in saying this (been traveling, changing diapers, throwing kids’ b-day parties, re-inventing our biz, swapping summer & winter clothes, yada yada yada — the usual 36-yr-old mom/wife/biz owner/chick stuff), but I was thinking about you tonight and finally wanted to take a minute and say THANK YOU.

I have no idea how this stuff happens — you know, the whole random connections thing — but I’m simply psyched, humbled, and tickled pink to have made your list. You bet your bootie I’m gonna milk the honor for all it’s worth. :)

Also, I’d love to find out more about your own experiences researching women bloggers. Is it a hobby or a job? Are you having fun? What have you discovered? I’d love to know. Maybe you’ve got an article or blog post that answers all these questions and more, and I just haven’t found it yet. If that’s the case, please send it along, if and when you get a spare moment, ha ha.

Seriously, thanks. Every little bit of positive feedback from the Online Universe matters exponentially to the Lonely Blogger. Nice to know someone’s paying attention and liking what they see.

My best to you and your endeavors,
    Lani Voivod
    “A-Ha Yourself!”
    the chick half of The “A-Ha!” Blog

64. Thank you for such a great honor! I can’t wait to take time and read the blogs listed. I appreciate you reading my blog and I look forward to 2009 being filled with many more adventures!

The Adventures of Elizabeth

65. Thank you for your listing in the 101 Women Bloggers to Watch. I am honored beyond belief. I look forward to reading some of the other women’s blogs whom I have not found previously.

66. Pingback: I Made WE Magazines 101 Women Bloggers To Watch List! : How To Start A Home Party Plan Business.

67. Pingback: I Made WE Magazines List of 101 Women Bloggers To Watch! « Work At Home Mom 24/7

68. Party Plan Pat says:

Well what a treat you have offered here. I do hope to make that list soon as well. And congrats to Sandy Sopin! Great work :)

69. Pingback: We Are Proud of You Sandy! | BlogDumps Blog

70. Pingback: Akma » Sunday Stromateis

71. Pingback: Googling Yourself as an Author | Real Words

72. Unbelievable. What a resource. I am going to go and have a look at each and every site. The work is admirable. Thanks so much! When you have a moment please come and see our blog, Beauty Editor Post, an insider’s guide to the spa industry.

73. Sorry to chime in late, but someone just forwarded this to me. I’m so pleased to see I’d been named to this list. What an honor. Congratulations to everyone on the list and I look forward to reading through these great blogs.

Now, just have to figure out why I didn’t make the list for 2009………..I’ll go blog about it.

74. Colleen Phillips says:

Hi Heidi,
    I’m still honored to have been included on this incredible list. Thank you for all of your hard work in preparing this list.

My blog Widows Walk Speak (which was on blogger) has moved to http://www.coachingforwidows.com/blog (which is now on wordpress). So, anyone interested can find the old blog entries and the newer blog entries at http://www.coachingforwidows.com/blog.

Many thanks! I enjoy reading blogs on this list and have referred some of them as well!

Warm Regards,
    Colleen Phillips

75. oh wow. I didn’t know I was on this list. Thanks so much for including me.
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..You Know You’re A Parent When… =-.

76. Pingback: WLST makes 101 Women Bloggers to Watch (again) : Writes Like She Talks

77. Pingback: Insanity Workout

78. 80921 Shades says:

I just discovered about blogging late last year and from this I’m surprised it has been around since 2008 (it might even be before 2008, i really don’t know). I think Blogging has not just been a source of income as it has emerge to nowadays. I guess it has been outlet of sorts, an online diary. I wonder how it all started and who coined the term for it.